Nonprofit Leadership Institute [Full Day]
Two-thirds of nonprofit organizations will experience a transition in senior leadership in the next five years (or have in the past few years).
The Nonprofit Leadership Institute is a full-day series of workshops, mentoring sessions, and talk-backs with faculty and local nonprofit leaders that provides both new nonprofit leaders or nonprofit leaders new to their position AND nonprofit executives seeking stronger foundations in the areas of nonprofit leadership and management with the resources, skills, and contacts they need to make their organizations effective, ethical, and sustainable.
The Executive Director/Board Member Track includes:
- Program and Project Planning (Dave Tinker, CFRE)
- Leadership and Ethics for the Nonprofit Executive (Ligia Peña, CFRE)
- Dynamic Nonprofit Boards (John Dawe, CFRE)
- Nonprofits and Technology Acceleration (Tinker, Dawe, Rhoten, Josh Hirsch, MS)
- Nonprofits, Advocacy, and Government Relations (Don Rhoten, CFRE)
- The Nonprofit Executive as Development Officer (All Faculty)
The Development Director/Fundraising Track Includes:
- Fundraising in the Small Shop (Heather Logie Schield, CFRE)
- Two Fundraising Cultures (Jason Lewis, CFRE)
- Key Performance Indicators & Development Officer Goals (Lewis)
- Getting your Board to Raise Money (Dawe)
- Effective Campaign Planning (Lewis)
Nonprofit Social Media Master Class (Thursday Morning)
Want to get a jumpstart on your social media content and strategy? We will discuss latest trends, strategies, and tools to help you best tell your organization’s story. Learn key strategies to integrate, before during, and after your appeals to maximize communication potential and build buzz.
- The most relevant social media tools and how to choose which are best for your nonprofit’s goals
- Top technology investments your organization could make to maximize your social media “splash“ zone.
- Via case studies with specific steps for implementing social media tools into your strategy
- How to review metrics to determine future social media strategy
- How to manage all the different work (and the different social networks!)
- How to handle social media during an organizational crisis
****** Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer and favorite mobile device. If you do not have access to a laptop computer, please e-mail email@example.com and we will see if we can arrange to provide one.
Faculty Members: Josh Hirsch, Don Rhoten, Dave Tinker
Legacy Giving: I wish I’d known that 10 years ago! (Thursday Afternoon)
Cash-strapped, acquisition costs keep increasing, and drawing a blank on how to engage supporters at a higher level — What is a Fundraiser to do? What if there was a simple and highly engaging way to raise millions from your supporters at a fraction of what you spend in acquisition costs, would you jump at this opportunity? This session will explore how to engage supporters at a much more personal level in order to inspire donors to leave a legacy, raise more funds to realize your mission and effectively change the world. At the end of this session you will leave thinking: “wish I’d started a legacy program 10 years ago!”
Faculty: Ligia Peña, CFRE